The purpose of this course is to provide an introduction to health standards. The course will discuss the role standards in health information exchange. The material will also define, provide examples and explain the difference between semantic and syntactic standards.
- Understand what a health standard is
- Understand the value of using standards
- Understand the value of health informatics standards and the different types of standards that exist
- Identify some commonly used global HIS standards
- Describe how the Health Informatics standards are created, implemented and updated